This project, which we completed in 2005, saw us working to transform a historic Georgian townhouse from bland, carpeted offices into a contemporary home and gallery.
The house sits in what architectural historians consider to be one of the finest and most complete early Georgian streets in London. It dates from 1721. The grandest in the street, it is four window bays wide rather than the more usual three.
The Grade II* listing of the house required us to secure and comply with a complex listed building consent. The panelling that covers the walls of all the important rooms had to be carefully disassembled to allow pipes and wires to be put in behind, and then as carefully reinstalled. We worked closely with Camden's Conservation Officers throughout the process.
2008 RIBA Award
Structural Engineer: Greig Ling
M&E Engineer: Michael Popper
Cost Consultant: Dobson White Boulcott
Photographer: Nick Kane